Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So Much Goodness

This summer, so far, has been wonderful. No, I take that back. It has been fabulous. I usually don't care too much about the weather. After all, what can one do about it. But the weather we have had lately is nothing short of incredible. It's cool enough to leave the AC off and as I try to be more and more "green", I appreciate the savings in energy and a slightly smaller electrical bill each month. I'm also a hang-the-clothes-on-the-clothesline kind of gal so, wow, give me that fresh-air scent.

In addition to lovely weather, another way-too-much fun part of this summer has been our quest to find the ultimate tirimasu. For those of you less worldly and sophisticated than me, which I would imagine is probably nobody, tirimasu is a creamy Italian dessert concotion made with lady fingers dipped in coffee and mascarpone cream. I really don't know what any of that stuff is, but that's what it said on google. So it must be true. The name tirimasu means "pick me up" in Italian and "can be translated figuratively as make me less sad/happier." Again, I know this is true because it came from google. And I also know this is true because as I slide my fork through the creamy layers of my tirimasu, I know I am less sad. As I savor the flavor of the tirimasu ... Oh.My.Goodness. I am certain my BFF, Dena G., is absolutely right when she says there is food in heaven. There has to be, this can't be something only found on earth. 







My other favorite part of our quest for the best tirimasu in Des Moines is the social part. Our group is rather fluent, it changes week by week and it's fun to meet new people and be with good friends too. But I'm not going to miss an opportunity for tiramisu so I'm there every week. This was our group this week and it was rather special to have Paige H. and Katie G. there for some opinions from a younger, way cooler group. Here's our group this week.



Front Row:  Carol, Katie, Dena, Amy
Back Row:  Paige, Karrine, Someone Who Never Turns Down Dessert

No comments: