Friday, October 5, 2007

Books, Books, Books

I have always enjoyed reading. When I was younger, I read Tom Sawyer, all the "Little House" books and in 5th grade Mrs. Hager read "Caddie Woodlawn." In high school and college, torrid love stories were more my books of choice, but the one I remember most from those days was a book called "Mrs. Mike." I recently found that book at Barnes and Noble, read it again and enjoyed it just as much as I had the first time around. Carissa's favorite books are "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "A Tale of Two Cities." Ummmmmm that's not me so much, right now I tend to gravitate more to the Christian Chick Lit genre.

Recently, I have sort of rediscovered my love of reading. I never completely left it, but I had come the point where I couldn't even check out a book from the library because I couldn't finish it in the three weeks they allowed me. And because I never remembered to renew it, I was contributing to their purchase of new books with overdue fines. I love Wellspring our Christian bookstore. Dena and I started an on-line book club that we are still perfecting. But it's been fun to read a book and then see the comments from the women who are part of our club. I found another book club on line that I want to check out. When I get it all figured out, I'll put links to it on here and I also want to list books that I've read that maybe others would enjoy too.

As Dena says, "So many books, so little time." So true, so true.

1 comment:

Brittanie said...

I have contributed with overdue fees many times. lol :)