Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hope On Election Day

Dena wrote this in her e-mail devotional yesterday and all I can say is Amen Sister.

The reason I have hope, is not because of any candidate. I have hope because I know who holds tomorrow in His hand. I have hope because I see God in His beautiful creation. I have hope because this isn't all there is. I have hope because I've read the end of the book and we win. I have hope because Jesus said that He is preparing a place for me and He will come back for me. I have hope because I have been through the valley and God walked with me. I have hope because He said that He will never leave me or forsake me. I have hope because even though people will lie, cheat, disrespect, steal, hurt, and let me down--my God is still on the throne. My hope is in my Lord and Savior. My hope is in the One who made heaven and earth. The One who named each star and placed it in the sky. My hope is in God, who is able to do immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine.

I have hope.

Ten Absolutes No Matter Who Wins the Election

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost.

Go here to read more of Dena's writings and devotionals.

1 comment:

mama goose said...

so, i guess we'll be adding someone else to our prayer list.