Friday, February 8, 2008

Pray This Never Happens To You

A couple weeks ago, I had a very harrowing and disturbing experience. Even thinking about it now can cause my heart rate to go up and perhaps get my systolic blood pressure over 100. As I walked into my friendly-smile-in-every-aisle West Lakes Hy-Vee grocery store, I realized the entire store had been rearranged. Items that had been on the north end were now on the south end, or maybe it's east and west. I am profoundly directionally challenged so east, west, north, south mean nothing to me. In addition to the north/south, east/west rearrangement, every single item had been moved over an aisle or two. Or three. Either way. I have been shopping in this store since it was built 10 or 12 years ago and in all that time, cheese has always been in aisle 1. What is the thought process when suddenly cheese is in the back of the store with the milk and butter? It confuses me. A shopping trip that should have taken 45 minutes took an hour and a half as I went up and down every aisle at least 6 times. With a death grip on my cart and my eyes darting back and forth at the shelves, I desperately tried to find the things on my list. Cards and magazines are now where health foods used to be. I'm not exactly sure where the health foods are now, but hey, I noticed they didn't move the donuts. Everyone, including the employees, all looked completely bewildered. I needed mapquest to do my grocery shopping. Here's what I learned through all this. The next time you visit to your friendly neighborhood grocery store and look for the Honey Nut Cheerios in aisle 5 and they are there, get down on your knees in thanksgiving. It can all change in an instant. I know. It happened to me.

3 comments:

favorite daughter said...

the nerve of hy-vee...

Brenda said...

Man, I hate that when they do that. There aught to be a law!

Brenda said...

ought :)