Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thanksgiving At Easter

I am thankful I could spend Easter in Wisconsin. I am thankful that Mark did all the driving. I am thankful that the temperature didn't get 3 degrees higher, but we were kept safe as we drove through the snowstorm. I am thankful for the opportunity to meet Jenny and get to know her. I am thankful for a generation of young women like her. I am thankful for Johnson's Bakery and mudpies. I am thankful for my mom's servant heart and her love for making such absolutely delicious meals. I am thankful for my dad's gentle spirit. I am thankful that they welcome us so warmly into their home. I am thankful for the beauty of Lake Michigan. I am thankful for shopping at Gurnee Mills. I am thankful we could pick Carson up from O'Hare Airport and have him and Carissa with us for Easter. I am so thankful I'm their mom; I love them so very, very much. I am thankful for Potbelly, good sandwiches and free cookies. I am thankful for Easter services. I am thankful for Easter brunch in the church basement. I am thankful for my brothers, Jeff and Dale; I am thankful for my sisters-in-law, Nancy and Shari; I am thankful for my nieces and nephews, Garrett, Katie, Noah and Brianna and how much I love being around all of them. I am thankful for Nicki, Pete and Delores, aunts and uncles who grow more precious every time I see them. I am thankful for my life-time friend, Brenda. I needed more time with her, but I am grateful for the time we had. I'm thankful for Brenda's husband Dale who takes time to chat when I come over. I am thankful for Zach's incredible gift of music and the mini concert I had while visiting with Brenda. I am thankful we were all able to get up early enough to enjoy mom's carefully-prepared breakfast yet get Carson back to Iowa City on time. I am thankful to be back home with my very own bathroom. I am thankful for Spaghetti Works and our hostess/waitress, Julia's pleasantness. I am thankful for interesting games at the NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament. I am thankful for the very nice family from Minneapolis who sat next to me at the Tournament and how it's just fun to get to know a little bit about other people. I am thankful for the life of Dr. Bartlett and how he made a difference in the lives of so many. Finally, I am so very thankful for my salvation and the knowledge that My Redeemer Lives. He Is Risen. He Is Risen Indeed.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

And I am thankful for you my friend!

Brenda